Accessibility Remediation Services / ADA, WCAG 2.0, and Section 508
Misoft Services produce born accessible content and
transform existing documents to accessible formats
Organizations share documents and books with customers and stakeholders whether they be brochures, user manuals, corporate documents like annual reports. Furthermore, an increasing demand of eBooks makes it important that the content available is in the most interactive form to the readers. Our Etext services, Accessible PDF, Image Description and Accessible ePub services, ensure that your content is accessible to all.
I believe that this was a good match for global experience to grab the accessibility market (Publishing, Advertising & Marketing, Universities, Health Cares, Government firms, Educational Institutions, Etc…).
In both USA and Europe, governments are mandating change and starting to enforce compliance with accessibility regulations like ADA, WCAG 2.0, and Section 508.
Misoft Services Provides expertise, implementation, scalability, and compliance with accessibility regulations; all within your budget
Accessibility has become an important goal when it comes to equal opportunity in content delivery, and it is now governed by federal and international regulations.
Accessibility/usability entails that digital content should be usable for the visually impaired by making the content consumable to them by means of assistive technology.
It is important to implement 508 accessibility as soon as possible, as companies run the risk of incurring legal fees, negative brand impact, and lost revenue for noncompliance.
US ACCESSIBILITY LEGISLATION OVERVIEW:
Accessibility is often implemented by way of legislation, such as the following:
- Rehabilitation Act, Sections 508, 504
- Requirements state vendors seeking to do business with the U.S. Federal Government must ensure their websites and software tools meet accessibility requirements.
- Assistive Technology Act Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles II, III.
- Applies to all activities of state and local governments. Prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in “places of public accommodation” (businesses and non-profit agencies that serve the public) and “commercial facilities” (other businesses)
- Prohibits discrimination and ensures equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in employment, state and local government services, public
accommodations, commercial facilities, and transportation. It also mandates the establishment of TDD/telephone relay services.
Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act
- Established to ensure all individuals have equal access to new-age technology.
- Title I: Communication Access: To make products and services using Broadband fully accessible to people with disabilities. Title II: Video Programming: Makes it easier for people with disabilities to view video programming on television and the internet.
This service involves the following activities:
Generating accessible metadata | Ensuring logical reading order | Semantic structuring | Tagging tables | Generating MathML | Defining languages | Writing accessible interactive content | Embedding alt text descriptions | Identifying decorative images | Testing with screen reader | Ensuring compliance with WCAG
Get a Free Quote